The Mind's Eye is a very interesting article to read. The article mentions that when we look at something, the point is to see how we can open our minds and hearts to seem more than just the image. We are supposed to be inspired with the vision we have in our minds. For example, when we see normal people doing every day things like walking on campus, we put an image of them in our minds. If they are walking fast, we are supposed to associate them with ourselves when we are in a hurry when we are running late for work or class.
The article also discusses about the people who are denied their use of senses. It was said that people who are denied of the senses sometimes see with greater sharpness than the people with all of their sense do. I feel like sometimes we take being able to see special paintings or creative sculptures for granted. People who are blind have to use their imagination when they are told about a painting. We sometimes think a lot of things are boring and we have yet to learn to appreciate them.
Recently I visited the Bloomington Antique Mall and I thought the place we really neat. I think I will find myself going back there to see what new items are put on display. There were a lot of items that are really old and then there are some items that look like they were put into the store just a few years ago. I really enjoyed the section about the records because they are something that is not popular today. Going to the mall connects with every day life because it shows what the people who we interact with today used in their life just a few years ago.
Interesting post! I thought your connection of the Bloomington Antique Mall with history was intriguing. Also, mentioning the reading "How to look at everything" showed that you looked at it. What did you think about this? I am interested in your interpretations of this reading ... maybe you can share in class . Good post.
ReplyDelete