This past week we visited the Morton C. Bradley Center. I thought it was really interesting and I even learned a few things. Before I didn't even know this place existed or who the first president was. I also learned that the campus was not always where it is at now and that the campus was only moved because there was a fire. It's interesting that some students lived with random families and did not live in dorms. It would be crazy to live with the President as a freshman. I feel like it would just be like living at home and there would still be rules.
I really enjoyed getting to see an actual letter that was written by one of the Wylie family members. It's pretty cool that they were saved and we can read them. I also liked how we got to see pictures of the house and the family members.
In order to make the visit better, we could have talked about more about the history of the center. I had no clue what the center was when I first got there. I do believe that the lady did do a good job of explaining some of the history.
The visit to the Center connects with every day life because it's about the past of IU. It sets the visitors up a taste of the past and how IU came to be the way it is today. For example, the Wylie family took care of some students and make them feel like they were at home. Now we depend on our roommates or friends to watch out for us.
Rachelle,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! As I read your post, I am curious to hear your thoughts about this "Previsit" in relation to the Wylie House visit. I can't wait to see if it better to learn about the museum and family in depth before you went, or if another museum would be better for the future. Your application of the reading was wonderful as well. Good Job!
PS Thank you for the feedback for how to improve this next semester. It is very useful!
ReplyDelete